Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chugging along

Here's a pic I snapped of Ms. Evangeline today


In general I am trying to take a bit of a break from my on-line pursuits in an effort to find my ducks and attempt to put them into some sort of row at home. Last week I realized just how much time I actually spend on-line every day and decided to try to unplug a bit to balance things out.

Caring friends emailed me encouraging me not to close up. Some assumed it was depression which makes sense. I've battled post-partum depression after the birth of my three other girls. And it's no secret that adding Evangeline to our family has proved to be more difficult than expected.

But I actually decided to take a break from facebook and other forums because I found in myself the desire to connect with people in real life. And I need the time spent surfing the net to manage our six busy lives right now (OK, five. Serg does alright for himself.) It is just way to easy to sit in front of the computer and click and click and click.

It's going well! I am getting more done. I feel productive. I am having more conversations with the older girls and more tickle fights with the younger girls.

We are chugging along, getting to know one another in this circle of six.