Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas minus one



My dad clicked this picture of the three girls at their house last weekend. It saved me a huge headache as I didn't have to dress the kids up in Christmas garb and attempt to get them to smile for the camera in front of the tree.

This photo brings me joy, to see our kids healthy and happy at Christmas.

But Evangeline is missing from the picture and her absence is felt greatly. I bought a stocking for her. It's gold with a Christmas star embroidered on it with sequins and beads.

This last week I've fought the urge to stress out over the huge mountain of work that needs to be done and money that needs to be raised to get her home. Sitting here tonight, kids tucked away asleep, the house quiet, I gaze at this picture of our girls and click over to a picture of Evangeline. I go back and forth, back and forth and if I do it quick enough it's like they are almost together.

I can't wait to see next year's picture!