Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tomorrow we leave

I am on the last load of laundry from our weekend in Michigan celebrating my nephew's high school graduation. After that it's the final pack inspection and I plan to go through all our documents one more time.

Polly is already tucked away at Grandma's house. We left her last night after we put her to sleep. She'll stay with Grandma until Sergei gets back in two-and-a-half weeks. The other two girls are here with us in Chicago, giddy, excited to see friends and family in Kiev.

I can't believe the time has come to actually go and get our daughter. So many times our adoption could have been stopped and every time God brought us through.

I look forward to seeing what he is going to do in the next few weeks.

Our flight leaves tomorrow from O'Hare at 2:30pm. We fly to Frankfurt, Germany and then after a couple hours board another plane to Kiev.

We should arrive on Tuesday, at 1:30pm.

And we appreciate prayers for a safe and uneventful trip.