Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Overwhelmed today

About a half hour ago I sat on the couch and had a good cry.

Now that our home study is close to being finished, we've started to gather all the documents needed for our Eastern Europe dossier.

We waited for many of these documents on purpose because they all need to be good for six months after submission.

I had a plan.

So why am I freaking out?

A lot of the forms have to be altered because Sergei is Ukrainian, I'm on a New Year's diet (oh joy), my kids have been out of school for a few weeks, I don't know what I am doing with the forms, you name it.

It's funny, most people I know in the process of adoption are fearful of the international travel. Having lived in Ukraine for almost four years, I don't mind the travel part. It's the paper part on my end that is difficult for me.

I am just scared that I'm going to do something wrong, thus prolonging the process.

My husband came home for lunch and found me crying. He sat on the couch with me and prayed for me.

I know all of this is in God's hands and Evie will come, God willing, in his time.

O me of little faith.