Saturday, January 24, 2009

Three Months Paper Pregnant

We are just over three months into our adoption journey. Sergei and I committed to try to bring Evangeline home to be a Marchenko on October 15th. It's hard to believe.

Our home study submission is in sight and we've been gathering documents and signatures here and there for the dossier. Every night when I lay my head on the pillow I pray for Evangeline, across the world from us, seven hours ahead, getting ready to wake up as we get ready to sleep.

Many adoption families I know through Reese's Rainbow and through my on-line Down syndrome communities are at exciting points in their process; receiving approval from INS, submitting home studies, preparing to travel, and some are even holding their children in their arms tonight.

I am so excited to see God orchestrate this endeavor.

We can not wait to be parents of four.